Due to a change in technology, users requirements also change. People are adopting cloud services more to protect their data. Nowadays, people are moving from desktop to cloud due to security reasons and want to migrate emails to Office 365 account from Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, most of the users are switching from Outlook to Office 365. As Office 365 is a platform designed by Microsoft to bring together its existing online services. It also includes Exchange Online for email, Lync Online for unified communications, SharePoint Online for collaboration etc.
With Office 365 the users can access their data such as emails, contacts, documents on any device at any time and anywhere. Therefore, users are frequently shifting from normal services to cloud-based services. Now the question arises, how one can migrate emails to Office 365 account with or without PowerShell? The user can migrate mailbox to Office 365 using a smart and reliable solution. Hence, in this blog, we are going to explain the complete procedure to import emails to Office 365 from MS Outlook in a seamless manner.
Need to Migrate Emails to Office 365 from MS Outlook
Office 365 is an up-to-date cloud platform integrated with many services. Therefore, due to its amazing functionalities and features, the users are attracted more towards Office 365. Some of the reasons are given below that reflects the need to migrate mailbox to Office 365.
- Work from anywhere and any time
- Disaster Recovery
- Automatic software update
- Data security and control
- Large mailbox storage
- Enhance the availability of data
- Proper Retention Policies
- Improved communication and collaboration
How to Migrate Mailbox to Office 365 from Microsoft Outlook?
The user can migrate emails to Office 365 from MS Outlook by using an efficient and trustworthy utility that is Office365Import. With this software, the user can easily import PST to Office 365 mailbox in a simplified way. The tool allows the user to migrate complete Outlook data including emails, contacts, calendars etc. to Office 365. Moreover, the tool is designed with an easy to use interface which makes easy for the user to operate and work with it. Both technical and non-technical users can work with the utility. The software is compatible with all the versions of Windows operating system and MS Outlook so, the user can use it irrespective of the version. Now, the user has to follow the steps discussed below to migrate mailbox to Office 365 account.
- First of all, you have to download and install Office365Import tool on your local machine.
- Now, you have to launch the tool and the initial screen of the tool will appear on your system’s screen.
- You have to check to mark the box next to “Is Office 365 Admin” text and then click on the Login button.
- After that, you have to click on the “Add Folder” button. You have to browse and select the folder that contains PST files and then clicks on the “Open” button.
- Now, list of PST files will be displayed by the utility with the emails addresses corresponding to the PST files.
- You have to provide domain id credentials for which you want to migrate emails to Office 365 and then click on the Next button.
- After that, you have to select the Mails options by clicking on the checkbox corresponding to it. Additionally, you can also apply the filter by clicking on the Date Filter option.
- Now, add the domain id credentials for which you want to import emails to Office 365.
- You can check the various option such as Attach Outlook PST File, Incremental Import, Exclude Deleted Items, Exclude Sent Items according to your requirements.
- After all the selections, click on the Import button to migrate emails to Office 365.
- Once migrating mailboxes to Office 365 process is completed, a message will appear Import completed successfully. Then you have to click on the OK button.
- A report will be generated, click on the Save Report button to save the report.
Due to security, performance and many more reasons people are migrating towards cloud-based services. Office 365 is a Software as a Service solution which includes Microsoft Office and services like email and collaboration from Microsoft’s cloud server. Therefore, most of the people are using Office 365 for their personal and professional chores. Even Outlook users are moving towards Office 365. But they are not able to find a simple yet reliable way to migrate emails to Office 365 from Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed a step by step process to migrate mailbox to Office 365 with the help of Office365Import tool in a seamless way.